In order to create the stream for your server, and have it work on a wide range of devices, we compose the stream to be sent to viewers on our server, using our technology we call stream composer.
The stream composer does the following:
- Takes the video feed from each host.
- Arranges them in a template of the hosts choosing.
- Allows any host to remotely add videos or overlays to the template.
- Allows any host or admin to control stream composer remotely.
- It then broadcasts out via HLS the composed stream, so that effectively unlimited viewers can watch the stream.
By composing the stream on the server with stream composer, you get the following advantages:
- Remote admins or hosts can collaboratively control the stream and how it looks.
- Hosts can run streams on relatively low-powered machines, versus tools like OBS. We have had people use computers as low powered as 2018 chromebooks to manage the stream.
- Hosts can easily run the stream from anywhere, without having to download software.
- Streams can be more reliable, handling poor connections from 1 or more hosts. Stream composer will continue to allow other hosts or admins to edit the template and keep the stream going.
Your creator can easily create new events from their dashboard.
Creators can use standard imagery or customize the thumbnail and break slate for their event that is added to their share links for distribution on socail channels.