2nd Screen TV Sync
HotMic helps people have watch parties around a TV event. This includes:
- Live sports
- TV Shows
Typically when you have one of these events, you would be out of sync with the host due to timing differences in the broadcast.
HotMic's TV sync listens to the audio signature of the host video and the individual player audio to sync the timing of the host video with each individual player video. For a better experience, we recommend not watching events in complete real time and delaying by 10 or more seconds to ensure you can properly sync with the host/creator.
How to Use TV Sync
- Sign up for an event from the TV schedule marked as a "Sync Enabled" (not all events are syncable)
- Open your stream from the Dashboard and set up your A/V using Easy Mode or Advanced Mode.
- Once you see yourself in the Live Dashboard open the App on your mobile device.
- Make sure you are signed in with the same credentials you use to sign into our website.
- Enter your event, and then tap the sync icon located on the top right of your video player.
- This will pull up the Sync button. (If you are using Advanced Mode, you must be streaming from 3rd party software prior to pressing this button)
- Turn your TV to the correct channel with volume up and click the Sync button.
- No match found
- Ensure that you are watching on the correct channel.
- Turn volume up on TV, or device you are using to view the event.
- Sync again.
- Ensure you are watching LIVE.
- Sync successful!
Updated 03 Mar 2023